How to Write For Us
What We’re Seeking: Books
We’re looking for new and compelling works about creativity and Creative Problem Solving. Other than that small statement, we’re open to hearing about your creative concept.
How to Submit: Completed Projects
ICSC Press wants to read your completed and polished manuscripts, which we could accept and publish post-haste. Important note: the two most crucial factors in our accepting (or not accepting) your manuscript are: great writing and thinking; and having appeal for some audience that we can identify.
- What is it? Provide a working title for the book.
- What is it about? Provide a brief description of the book and its purpose.
- Who is it for? Describe the book’s target market (no, it’s not “everyone”).
- What’s different? Describe any competing books and your book’s advantages or unique qualities.
- Who are you? Tell us everything you think we should know, especially your credentials, and why you are the right person to write this book.
Send the entire manuscript as an attachment, along with the above information, to editor (at) icscpress.com.
How to Submit: Concepts
While we can only commit to completed manuscripts, we would love to hear about your well-clarified projects that are either in development or about to be. This is especially important for things that are not books. If you follow the guidelines below, we should be able to tell you whether the completed work might be a good fit for ICSC Press.
- What is it? Provide a working title for the book, or tell us what the thing you’re proposing is.
- What is it about? Provide a brief description of the book (or thing) and its purpose.
- Who is it for? Describe the target market (no, still not “everyone”).
- What’s in it? For books, provide an annotated table of contents (a table of contents with a sentence or two describing each chapter). For other things, describe it as best you can.
- How long is it? For books, estimate the length of the chapters, or the length of the entire book, if possible. Note that ICSC Press will consider works that are shorter than traditional book length.
- What’s different? Describe any competing books/things and your product’s advantages or unique qualities.
- When will it be ready? If we said we liked it, when would you have it completed?
- Who are you? Tell us everything you think we should know, especially your credentials, and why you are the right person to do this.
Send at least two sample chapters, along with the above information, to editor (at) icscpress.com.
If you’d like to talk to us before doing any of the above, email editor (at) icscpress.com or call 716-253-1871.
About ICSC Press
ICSC Press is the imprint of the International Center for Studies in Creativity (ICSC) at SUNY Buffalo State.
ICSC’s mission is to ignite creativity around the world. We do this through many means, including the world’s only M.S. in Creativity, our annual Creativity Expert Exchange conference, and now through ICSC Press. To learn more about the Center, visit us on the web.
Have a book idea or manuscript? Interested in bulk purchases of our books? You can reach us by email: editor (at) icscpress.com.
How to Publish with ICSC Press
What We’re Seeking
We currently have three opportunities available: full-length books; and papers for the journals Business Creativity and the Creative Economy and Journal of Genius and Eminence. You can find details about book publishing below. For information about submissions to the journals, please email bcce (at) icscpress.com or jge (at) icscpress.com.
c/o OmniSkills, LLC
3138 Airlie Street
Charlotte, NC 28205
ICSC Press Managing Editor:
editor (at) icscpress.com
Journals Managing Editor:
Dr. Jo Yudess
bcce (at) icscpress.com or jge (at) icscpress.com